These Product and Service Terms were last modified on November 16, 2023.
Life360 Product and Service Terms
These Product and Service Terms supplement the Life360 Terms of Service (the “Agreement”), incorporated herein, and explain the terms by which you may access and use the “Services” (which includes the Tile and Jiobit websites, mobile apps, Help Center and other associated services and features of all of the above), and the “Products” (which includes physical devices like the Tile trackers, Jiobit devices and partner products that have the Tile-finding technology embedded within them). By accessing or using the Life360 Products and Services, you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Product and Service Terms. If any terms in the Agreement conflict with these Product and Service Terms, the applicable Product and Service Terms below shall take precedence. All capitalized terms have the meanings set forth in the Agreement, unless otherwise defined herein.
Life360 Products and Services are NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR EMERGENCY SERVICES (911 OR 999/112 IN THE UK/EU). In the event of a critical emergency, always dial 911 (999/112 in the UK/EU or the emergency services number for the country of which you are currently located) immediately.
PLEASE READ THESE PRODUCT AND SERVICE TERMS CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE LIFE360 PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, YOU INDICATE YOUR CONSENT TO THESE PRODUCT AND SERVICE TERMS.
Table of Contents
Certain Life360 Products and Services are available to all Life360 members (“Basic Features”). Other features and services are available to paid subscription members at various levels of benefits according to your membership plan level and feature availability (“Subscription Features”), as detailed herein. To access the Subscription Features, you must have an active, paid subscription membership. All Subscription Features terminate when your membership terminates, or lapses due to failure to pay or otherwise, as detailed in the Agreement. Subscription accounts may have a trial period, during which certain Subscription Features may not be available (free trial periods are typically 15 days, which may vary, at Life360’s sole discretion). You may cancel your subscription at any time during the trial period to avoid being charged for your subscription. If you want to change your membership plan level or cancel your subscription entirely, you may do so at any time (either before or after the trial period) (See “Upgrade My membership” or “Cancel My Membership”).
II. Privacy and Permissions
III. Services Availability; Disclaimers
Please see the Life360 Product and Service Terms below for a description of the benefits, features and services currently supported through the Life360, Tile and Jiobit apps.
Your use of the Life360 Products and Services includes the right to access the benefits available to the membership plan level to which you subscribed. We or our Third Party Service Providers may add, remove or modify features, benefits or services at any time at our, or their, reasonable discretion to address changes in law or business requirements. To the extent we make available any new or different features, functionality or enhancements to the Life360 Products or Services, we may market these separately and may require the payment of additional fees.
IV. Not an Insurer
You agree that Life360 is not an insurer and does not offer insurance coverage. Benefits offered as part of Life360 Products or Services, such as roadside assistance and lost phone coverage (as described herein) are not insurance benefits, and are not a substitute for insurance coverage. The payments you make for the benefits (e.g., roadside assistance benefits or lost phone coverage) are not related to the value of your property (e.g., motor vehicle or lost phone) or any potential injury or damages to you or your property.
V. Use Life360 Services at Your Own Risk
Life360 Products and Services are designed to assist you in preventing loss to your property or to you personally, but neither Life360 nor our Third Party Service Providers guarantee that no loss will occur, or that the Life360 Services are completely accurate (especially when it comes to speed and collision detection). TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, (A) YOUR ACCESS TO THE LIFE360 PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK; (B) YOU EXPRESSLY RELIEVE LIFE360 AND OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES; AND (C) LIFE360 MAKES NO WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR ASSURANCES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE OPERATION, PERFORMANCE, AVAILABILITY, QUALITY, MEDICAL APPROPRIATENESS, OR EFFECTIVENESS OR RESULTS OF ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE LIFE360, TILE OR JIOBIT APPS.
VI. Not Responsible for Third Party Providers
CERTAIN FEATURES OF THE LIFE360 PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS PURSUANT TO SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER’S OWN TERMS AND CONDITIONS. LIFE360 IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER, ANY MEMBER, 911 (OR 999/112) CENTER, EMERGENCY RESPONDER, ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE OR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE PROVIDER, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LIFE360’S PROVISION OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO YOU, AND LIFE360’S PERFORMANCE OF OUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WILL NOT CONSTITUTE LIFE360’S ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, CREDENTIALING, OR RECOMMENDATION OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO LIFE360’S THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, THEIR PROVIDERS OR THE SERVICES EITHER PROVIDE. Some jurisdictions do not allow for the disclaimer of certain warranties, so the disclaimers above may not apply to you.
VII. LIFE360 PRODUCT TERMS
A. Location Safety
Available to all Life360 members (free and paid subscriptions).
1. Place Alerts and Unlimited Check-Ins
Life360 provides all Life360 members with the ability to receive alerts when a member of your Circle enters or leaves a specific location (e.g., work or home) (a “Place”). Free memberships provide the ability to set up two (2) Places with alerts; Silver plan memberships provide the ability to set up five (5) Places with alerts; and Gold and Platinum plan memberships provide the ability to set up to 99 Places with an unlimited number of alerts.
The Unlimited Check-In feature allows all Life360 members to “check in” with a Circle member at any time, by sharing your location with a Circle member.
These features may not work properly due to hardware limitations or battery life, limitations in GPS or service availability, or if the mobile device settings and permissions are not properly configured, if the mobile devices is outside of wireless service coverage area, or if the quality of the coverage is deficient. Other factors may also prevent accurate Place Alerts and Check-Ins.
- For example, if you set up Places that overlap each other or are extremely close, your Place Alerts and Check-Ins may not be accurate.
2. Location History
Life360 provides all Life360 members with the ability to view a Circle member's drive and location history. Free memberships provide two (2) days of drive and location history; Silver plan memberships provide seven (7) days of drive and location history; and Gold and Platinum plan memberships provide thirty (30) days of drive and location history. Each Circle member must allow for location sharing within the Life360 app in order for you to be able to see them on your Life360 map and to see their location history.
3. Life360 Smart Notifications
Life360 may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with notices that may be of interest to you (e.g. Low Battery, Safe Drive or Place notifications). You may at any time opt out from receiving these types of communications by visiting “Settings” and “Smart Notifications” within the Life360 mobile app.
Within the Life360 app, you may limit location sharing with each of your Circles individually for a short period of time by activating a Bubble, this activation obfuscates your precise location while still showing the general geographic area you are in. You can set the duration and radius of each Bubble separately to meet your short-term location obfuscation needs. Circle members are notified that you have activated a Bubble, and have the ability to pop your Bubble, effectively reactivating precise location sharing within the Circle. Bubbles are automatically popped upon expiration or an event that provides notification of your location, such as detecting a crash.
5. Automated SOS (Help Alerts)
Available to all Life360 members globally.
The Life360 Automated SOS (“Help Alerts” in the UK and EU) feature allows all Life360 members to send a request for help to your designated emergency contacts. The people you designate will need to accept your invitation to be an emergency contact for your Circle in order to receive SOS alert push notifications, and SMS messages from Life360. The Life360 app will start counting down from ten (10) seconds to zero (0) once you’ve pressed the SOS alert, giving you the opportunity to cancel if you don't need assistance anymore. Once the countdown reaches '0,' Life360 will send a push notification to every member in your Circle provided they have allowed notifications from Life360, and an SMS text message to your emergency contacts. The push notifications and SMS text message will include the location where you were when you triggered the SOS alert.
Emergency contacts are people you would like the Company to contact if you send an Automated SOS alert, or if we detect an emergency like a major car crash. They will not see your location unless you send an Automated SOS alert, or unless an Automated SOS alert is triggered on your behalf. The people you designate as emergency contacts must accept your invitation to be an emergency contact for your Circle in order to receive emergency alert SMS messages from Company.
6. Crime Reports
Available to all Life360 members under a paid membership plan (Silver, Gold or Platinum) in the United States. (Some cities may not have crime statistics available.)
The Life360 Crime Reports feature provides you with details and locations for crimes and offenders, as publicly reported by local police precincts. Crime and offender statistics are not reported in real time. Reports are added or removed in accordance with the information provided by the reporting agencies (Life360 does not maintain its own document or list, all information is as-provided by the reporting agencies). This feature is not available outside of the United States.
B. Driving Safety
1. Driver Behavior and Drive Detection
Certain driver behavior monitoring and reporting features may be offered as part of the Life360 Services. These driver behavior detection and reporting features are designed to detect (where available) details about driving behavior and driving events. These features may not function if you are driving outside of your wireless service coverage area, if your phone is otherwise not connected to your wireless service provider’s network, or if your device settings and permissions are not properly configured. Your device settings and permissions must be properly configured, for example, by turning location permissions to “Always On,” for the drive detection and reporting features to work properly.
For more information about our driver behavior monitoring and reporting features please see the following Life360 Blog post entitled “Can Life360 Help You Avoid a Speeding Ticket”, and help center article entitled “Driving Speed and Accuracy”.
2. Crash Detection
Available to all Life360 members in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Turkey, France, Sweden, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, and Ukraine.
Life360 provides our members with functionality that helps detect certain vehicle crashes (i.e., a significant impact when a vehicle is moving over twenty-five (25) mph) specific to a device in your Circle, based on motion sensor data generated by the device. In the event Life360 detects a crash, the Life360 app sends a push notification to the member in the vehicle. If the member doesn’t respond within a five (5)-minute grace period, all of the member’s Circle members and emergency contacts are notified via SMS message or push notification with the member’s exact location (for Gold and Platinum members, Life360 will dispatch 911 (999/112 in the UK/EU) emergency services when necessary).
While the crash detection feature is designed to help you in the event of a collision, it may not detect all crashes or be able to communicate with Life360 or our Third Party Service Provider, as applicable, or a 911 center (999/112 in the UK/EU) in the event of a crash.
- The driver protection features may not be able to detect a particular crash (including, without limitation, if the automobile is moving at a low speed, or is stopped at the time of a crash), hardware limitations or battery life may prevent crash detection, limitations or errors in the algorithms and processes used by the Service may not function properly, and crashes may not be detected if you are located outside of your wireless service coverage area for the phone that the Mobile Software for the crash detection features is installed on or if your phone is otherwise not connected to your wireless service provider’s network (e.g., it will not work if the phone is connected to a wi-fi network).
Your device settings and permissions must be properly configured, for example, by turning location permissions to “Always On,” for the crash detection services to work properly. Other factors also may prevent accurate crash detection. See our help center article entitled “Life360 Free Crash Detection” for additional details.
Depending on the features and functionality available for your level of membership, if a crash is detected, the emergency response features may prompt you to determine whether you need assistance, and it may utilize your phone to communicate with a call center provided by Life360 or our Third Party Service Provider, or 911 center (999/112 in the UK/EU), to help you seek assistance. The emergency response features will collect your precise location information, driving behavior data and other information and may transmit such information to members of your Circle and emergency contacts, to call center personnel (provided by Life360 or by a Third Party Service Provider acting on behalf of Life360), and/or to a 911 center (999/112 in the UK/EU) or other emergency response professionals (e.g., police, fire department, paramedics, etc.). By using or subscribing to the driver protection features, you expressly consent to allow Life360 or the applicable Third Party Service Provider or emergency response professional to contact you or your phone by push notification, text message, or call, including through use of an automatic telephone dialing system, including in connection with the crash detection and emergency response features of the Life360 Services.
THE CRASH DETECTION FEATURES ARE NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR 911 (999/112 IN THE UK/EU). IN THE EVENT OF A SERIOUS CRASH, OR ONE THAT INVOLVES AN INJURY, ALWAYS DIAL 911 (999/112 IN THE UK/EU) IMMEDIATELY.
3. 24/7 Emergency Dispatch
Available to Gold and Platinum plan members in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Life360 provides access to emergency alert response services to Gold and Platinum plan members. In the event Life360 detects a crash, Life360 will trigger an alert to our Third Party Service Provider, who will call the member and/or dispatch emergency services to the member’s location.
THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE FEATURES ARE NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR 911 (999/112 IN THE UK/EU). IN THE EVENT OF A SERIOUS CRASH, OR ONE THAT INVOLVES AN INJURY, ALWAYS DIAL 911 (999/112 IN THE UK/EU) IMMEDIATELY.
Life360 and our Third Party Service Providers are not responsible for emergency response services and shall have no liability for permit fees or fines, false alarms, false alarm fines, police or fire response, any damage to personal or real property or personal injury caused by police or fire department response to an emergency alert, whether false alarm or otherwise, or the refusal of the police or fire department to respond or the timeliness of the response.
4. Family Driving Summary
Available to all Life360 members globally.
The Life360 Family Driving Summary feature allows Life360 members at any plan level (free and paid) to view aggregate information about Circle members’ driving behavior including top speed, phone usage, high speed, rapid acceleration and hard braking events. See more details regarding the Weekly Family Driving Summary.
5. Individual Driver Reports
Available to Gold and Platinum plan members in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Individual Driver Reports allow Life360 Gold and Platinum plan members to view detailed information about individual Circle members’ driving behavior, including top driving speed, phone usage, rapid acceleration and hard braking in the prior week.
C. Roadside Services
1. Roadside/Breakdown Assistance
Available to Life360 Gold and Platinum plan members in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. (May not be available in all locations.)
Life360 offers emergency roadside/breakdown assistance services through our partners. Emergency Roadside/Breakdown Assistance services are available to current Life360 Gold and Platinum plan members and may require up-front charges paid to our partner and/or Life360. Life360 will cover the cost of up to two (2) service calls, per year as part of a Gold or Platinum membership (additional service calls will incur a separate charge per call).
Roadside/Breakdown Assistance is not available during the free trial period. For more details on how to request Roadside/Breakdown Assistance please see our support article entitled “Roadside Assistance Coverage”.
i. Towing/Recovery Services
a. Towing/Recovery includes the following:
|Country||Gold Plan Membership||Platinum Plan Membership|
|Canada||Ten (10) kilometers||Eighty (80) Kilometers|
|United Kingdom||Ten (10) miles with no recovery available within 1/4th mile of the member's home||Nationwide|
|United States||Five (5) miles||Fifty (50) miles|
After the first included towing miles, each additional mile carries an additional cost, pro-rated in 1/10th mile increments, which may be collected directly from you by the Third Party Service Provider. This service does not include cost of storage if temporary storage is required due to unavailability of access to a tow destination after hours, or other circumstances.
b. Winching: In the United States and Canada, an eligible vehicle will be winched when it can be safely serviced from a paved public road or paved private road if the Third Party Service Provider is able to gain access. Maximum distance for winching is thirty (30) feet of a publicly accessible roadway. Additional fees may be required (payable by you directly up-front to Third Party Service Provider) for extraction of vehicles embedded in mud, water, snow or similar material, or if specialist recovery equipment is required.
ii. Non-Towing/Breakdown Services
a. Fuel Delivery: Includes delivery of emergency supplies, including up to three (3) gallons of gasoline or common diesel fuel at your disablement location.
b. Tire Service: Includes a tire change, provided that the disabled vehicle has an appropriate and serviceable spare with the vehicle. If no reliable spare is available, then Towing Services (see above) will be provided.
c. Battery Service: Includes jumpstarting a vehicle with a drained battery that requires charging.
d. Lockout Service: Provides services to gain access to a vehicle in the event keys are locked inside a vehicle.
2. Gone on Arrival or Vehicle Not Available
To the extent permitted under applicable law, you may be charged an additional amount, at Life360’s or the Third Party Service Provider’s discretion, for any request for roadside assistance service which is: (i) cancelled after the dispatch of the Third Party Service Provider, (ii) not cancelled and, upon arrival at the disablement location, the Third Party Service Provider finds that the disabled vehicle is no longer there, (iii) any breakdown where your vehicle is not publicly accessible when Life360 or its Third Party Service provider has been informed otherwise, or (iv) a request for assistance which follows a breakdown or accident attended to by the police, highways agency or other emergency service, Roadside/Breakdown assistance is not available until the emergency services concerned have authorized the vehicles removal, and if the police, highways agency or emergency service insist on recovery by a third party (not a Life360 Third Party Service Provider) such cost will be borne by the Member.
3. No Warranty for Roadside/Breakdown Assistance Services
To the extent permitted by law LIFE360 MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE OPERATION, PERFORMANCE, AVAILABILITY, OR RESULTS OF ANY ROADSIDE/BREAKDOWN ASSISTANCE SERVICES, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) THAT THE ROADSIDE/BREAKDOWN ASSISTANCE SERVICES WILL: CONTACT ANY ROADSIDE/BREAKDOWN ASSISTANCE SERVICE. COMPANY IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF ANY MEMBER, ROADSIDE/BREAKDOWN ASSISTANCE PROVIDER, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY OR FOR ANY LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE SUSTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF CAR CRASH, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE. Some jurisdictions do not allow for the disclaimer of certain warranties, so the disclaimers above may not apply to you.
4. Additional Roadside/Breakdown Assistance Exclusions and Limitations
Roadside/Breakdown Assistance operators are trained and equipped to undertake temporary roadside repairs where applicable and are not able to comment on the general roadworthiness or safety of a vehicle, before, during or after a breakdown or repair. Furthermore, the completion of a roadside repair cannot be taken to signify, or in any way guarantee, the general roadworthiness of the vehicle concerned, and attention should always be sought from a garage or alternative place of repair. The following additional limitations and general exclusions apply to provision of Roadside/Breakdown assistance.
- Roadside/Breakdown Assistance is not available during the 7-day free trial period, or if the Member account is not in “good standing”.
- Excluded vehicles:
- any vehicle that is being used, or has been modified for use, in motor racing, rallies, speed or endurance events;
- caravans or trailers, recreational vehicles/campers, mini-buses, livestock transporters or horse trailers, chain or belt-driven vehicles (for examples, motorcycles, scooters and mopeds);
- if your vehicle breaks down while towing a trailer, we may also arrange for the trailer be recovered to the same location as your vehicle (no secondary locations are allowed), at an additional cost to be borne by the member; and
- any vehicle exceeding any one of the following: greater than 3.5 tons max weight (gross); 19 feet max length; or 7 feet max width.
- The failure of a component (for example, heating or air condition system), or activation of a vehicle warning light does not constitute a breakdown for which assistance is available, unless it results in the vehicle ceasing to function, or if the manufacturers handbook confirms that immediate attention is required, and the vehicle should not be driven.
- Roadside/Breakdown Assistance is not available in the following circumstances:
- if the breakdown is caused by a fire, flood, or theft;
- for the removal of the vehicle to a scrap yard or in any way to otherwise dispose of the vehicle; and
- for the removal of the vehicle that is already at a garage or shop to another place of repair.
Life360 reserves the right to refuse to provide Roadside/Breakdown assistance, if in our reasonable opinion, or the opinion of our Third Party Service Provider:
- the vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition at the time of breakdown;
- the vehicle does not have a current valid motor vehicle tag, MOT, or license plate (where applicable) at the time of reporting the breakdown;
- the vehicle being used for, or in conjunction with, any private or public hire, or any courier or delivery services, including removal services and extending to driver instructor vehicles;
- recovery of the vehicle cannot be undertaken in a safe and legal manner; and
- you deliberately, carelessly, or recklessly, mislead or omitted to provide important details or facts about a breakdown to obtain assistance (if in doing so results in Life360’s Third Party Service Provider attending a breakdown where they otherwise would not have, you will be retrospectively charged for the attendance).
In some circumstances the Roadside/Breakdown Assistance may include additional charges not covered by Life360, in these instances the charges are to be borne by the member, and will be billed by Life360 or by the Third Party Service Provider directly, some examples include, but are not limited to:
- any charges incurred by your prior to requesting Roadside/Breakdown Assistance through the Life360 app;
- any charges for food, drink, telephone calls, fuel, oil, or any other incidental expenses;
- toll charges, ferry charges, parking charges or traffic congestion charges incurred because of the vehicle recovery; and
- the cost of any parts, components, lubricants, labor, or materials required to affect the Roadside/Breakdown repairs to render the car towable.
D. Digital Safety
Available at different benefit levels to Life360 Gold and Platinum plan members resident in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Some online monitoring services may require you to complete registration with our Third Party Service Provider before the service can be activated and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the Third Party Service Provider. For example, Credit Monitoring services are provided directly to our members by our Third Party Service Provider and are subject to your registration directly with them, including agreement to the Third Party Service Provider’s own terms governing your access to, and use of, such credit monitoring services.
1. Data Breach Alerts
Data Breach Alerts, when activated, notify you if Life360’s Third Party Service Provider find the email address associated with your Life360 account on the dark web, where hackers buy and sell stolen data. The email addresses associated with all members of the membership Circle are monitored for, unless the member has opted out of Data Breach Alerts. Please make sure all Circle members' email addresses are up to date in your Life360 app settings under Account. See Data Breach Alerts for more information.
2. Identity Theft Protection and Stolen Funds Reimbursement
Life360’s Third Party Service Provider provides access to identity theft restoration services for Life360 Gold and Platinum plan members for up to two (2) adults and an unlimited number of children under 18 years of age per Gold or Platinum plan subscription, and reimbursement benefits in the following amounts:
- Platinum plan: "White glove" identity restoration and up to USD $1,000,000 reimbursement benefits.
- Gold plan: "White glove" identity restoration and up to USD $25,000 reimbursement benefits.
For full terms, exclusions and out-of-pocket costs, please visit the Life360 ID Theft Protection Summary of Benefits website.
3. Credit Monitoring
E. Additional Family & Safety Assistance Services
Available to Life360 Platinum plan members who are located in the United States and Canada. Available to Gold and Platinum plan members who are located in the United Kingdom. Certain services may include global support for United States, Canadian or United Kingdom residents.
Life360 provides access to medical and travel triage and planning assistance to members though our Third Party Service providers. Benefits included are described below. Members will be responsible for all expenses relating to any services beyond those basic logistics and advising services described in this Section E (Additional Family & Safety Assistance Services), including without limitation any transportation and lodging fees or additional expenses in addition to any other terms agreed to between the Member and Third Party Service Provider. Some limitations may apply as follows:
- Third Party Service Provider’s ability to provide these services may be subject to local and/or international law and regulations, and may depend on its ability to attain necessary authorizations issued by various authorities concerned (e.g. national or local governments, Red Cross, etc.);
- services are not available in countries or locations or in any manner that would expose the Thirds Party Service Provider to sanctions, restrictions or prohibition under any applicable laws, including the United Nations resolutions, or trade or economic sanctions of the EU, UK or United States;
- services are available at the discretion of the Third Party Service Provider in areas that it reasonably believes are geographically remote, are unsafe or dangerous due to war, civil or other hostilities or political unrest; and
- neither Life360 nor Third Party Service Provider may be held responsible or liable for delays to these Additional Family & Safety Assistance Services caused by strikes or other conditions beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to, flight conditions, or where rendering of such services may be prohibited by local laws or regulatory agencies.
1. Disaster Response and Security Assistance Services
Life360’s Third Party Service Provider shall provide the Member with Travel Risk and Incident briefings, 24/7 Global Security Specialist Assistance and Political or Natural Disaster Evacuation assistance as further described below. The Member shall:
- contact the Third Party Service Provider though the Life360 app immediately upon becoming aware of a situation that may give rise to an evacuation, or as soon as reasonably practical thereafter;
- provide all assistance and information requested by the Third Party Service Provider in a timely manner consistent with the situation and circumstances;
- follow the advice of the Third Party Service Provider; and
- after contacting the Life360 Third Party Service Provider, must not make or attempt to make their own arrangements regarding the Disaster Response and Security Assistance Services without the express agreement of the Third Party Service Provider.
i. Travel Risk Brief
Upon request, Life360’s Third Party Service Provider will email the Member a country or city security overview that includes intelligence on crime, civil unrest, getting around, cultural info, embassies, vaccinations, health infrastructure.
ii. Incident Briefing
Upon request, Life360’s Third Party Service Provider will provide a non-emergency briefing following a regional security incident to discuss impacts to current and future travel for an individual, group or operations in the location of the incident.
iii. 24/7 Global Security Specialist Assistance
If a member's safety is at risk, Life360’s Third Party Service Provider is available twenty-four (24) hours a day to provide immediate advice to the member. Life360’s Third Party Service Provider is NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR 911 (999/112 in the UK/EU). In the event of a critical emergency, always dial 911 (999/112 in the UK/EU) immediately.
iv. Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation
If a Member requires emergency evacuation due to political or military events or a natural disaster, Life360’s Third Party Service Provider will arrange the ’Member’s transportation to the nearest safe location, lodging within the safe haven and onward travel arrangements to their home or an alternate study or work location (with all transportation, lodging, and additional fees (and, if applicable, cancellations fees should the member elect not to depart with evacuation arrangements my by the Third Party Service Provider), at the Member’s expense and in accordance with the terms agreed to between the Member and the Third Party Service Provider).
The method of transportation will be as deemed most appropriate, by the Third Party Service Provider, to ensure the Member’s safety. If evacuation becomes impractical; due to hostile or dangerous conditions, the Third Party Service Provider will maintain contact with and advise the Member until evacuation becomes viable or the political social upheaval, or natural disaster situation has resolved.
Should commercial transportation be available, but transportation to the commercial transportation departure point represents an imminent threat to the Member’s safety (in the Third Party Service Provider’s sole opinion), the Third Party Service Provider shall arrange secure transport to the departure point.
2. Medical Assistance Services
Life360’s Third Party Service Providers will provide Members with access to certain Medical Assistance Services, as described in more detail below. Some limitations may apply as follows:
- The Life360 Member may be required to release the Third Party Service Provider or any applicable health care provider from liability during emergency evacuation and/or repatriation.
- All legal actions arising from provision of the services by Third Party Service Provider shall be barred unless written notice is provided to Third Party Service Provider within one year of the date of the event giving rise to such legal action.
- Third Party Service Provider’s actions and obligations is to be deemed ministerial in nature, and all medical care is provided by medical professionals ultimately selected by the Member and in no event is such care the responsibility of Third Party Service Provider. Neither Life360, nor its Third Party Service Provider shall be liable for any malpractice performed by a local doctor, health care provider or attorney.
i. Pre-Trip Plan
Upon request, Life360’s Third Party Service Provider will provide up-to-date information either by e-mail, fax or over-the-phone regarding required vaccinations, health risks, travel restrictions and weather conditions for destinations worldwide.
ii. Medical Monitoring
Upon request, Life360’s Third Party Service Provider will, via telephone, email and fax, monitor the Member's conditions when hospitalized, and shall maintain an appropriate level of contact with the treating physician and nursing staff as well as obtain relevant medical, surgical and treatment plan reports and information. The Third Party Service Provider will use such information to assess the available level of care in relation to the member's condition and geographical location where treatment is being performed.
iii. 24 Hour Nurse Help Line
The Third Party Service Provider will provide the member, at the member's request, with clinical assessment, education and general health information. This service shall be performed by a registered nurse counselor to assist in identifying the appropriate level and source(s) of care for the member (based on symptoms reported and/or health care questions asked by or on behalf of the member). Nurses shall not diagnose a member's ailments.
iv. Prescription Replacement Assistance
If a member requires prescription medication or eyeglasses, Third Party Service Provider will consult with the prescribing physician and locate and arrange to send the prescription medication or eyeglasses when it is possible and legally acceptable or arrange an appointment with a local medical provider.
v. Medical, Behavioral or Mental Health, Dental and Pharmacy Referrals
Life360’s Third Party Service Provider will provide, at the member's request, referrals to medical and/or dental professionals and pharmacies in the given geographic area of western style medical facilities and English speaking doctors, dentists and other healthcare providers in an area served by such Third Party Service Provider to the extent possible.
vi. Coordination of Benefits
Life360’s Third Party Service Provider may request primary health insurance information and/or any supplemental travel/secondary insurance from the member and attempt to coordinate benefits during an active assistance case (there is no guarantee that these attempts will be successful and Member may be obligated to pay for any such expenses directly). Coordination includes attempt to facilitate direct payment of covered expenses from the insurer to the medical provider and facilitating assistance with claims documentation by notifying the insurance carrier and requesting a pre-certification of medical expenses.
3. Emergency (Commercial) Travel Support
Emergency (Commercial) Travel Support is provided by Life360’s Third Party Service Provider. The Third Party Service Provider will provide logistical assistance and support to accomplish the coordination and planning of the support described below in this section, however, all related transportation, lodging and additional costs or expenses are not paid by Life360 or the Third Party Service Provider and will be at the member’s expense and in accordance with the terms agreed to by the member and Life360’s Third Party Service Provider.
i. Emergency Travel Arrangements (Visit by Family or Friend; Family Reunion)
If the member is hospitalized, Life360’s Third Party Service Provider shall arrange travel and suitable hotel accommodations for a person of the member's choice to join them.
ii. Return of Dependent Children
If the member's dependent(s) are present but left unattended as a result of the member's medical evacuation or hospitalization, the Third Party Service provider shall make arrangements to return them home, including a non-medical escort as needed.
iii. Emergency Return Home
If a member's parent, child, sibling, spouse or partner suffers a life-threatening illness, injury or death, the Third Party Service Provider shall arrange for economy flights for the member to go to the family member's location.
iv. Return of Traveling Companion
If a member's traveling companion loses previously-made travel arrangements due to a delay caused by the member's medical emergency or death, the Third Party Service Provider shall arrange one-way economy flights to return the companion to his or her original departure point.
v. Bereavement Reunion
In the event of the death of the member, the Third Party Service Provider shall arrange for an assigned advocate to fly to the location of the deceased to identify and accompany the remains back to the member's home country.
4. Travel Assistance Services
Life360’s Third Party Service Providers can also provide Members with access to certain Travel Assistance Services, as described in more detail below.
i. Pre-Trip Information
Life360’s Third Party Service Provider, upon request, shall provide to members with pre-trip information such as visa, passport and inoculation requirements; cultural information; weather conditions; embassy and consulate referrals; foreign exchange rates; and travel advisories.
ii. 24/7 Emergency Travel Arrangements
Third Party Service Provider shall assist the member once a trip has started with changing airline, hotel or car rental reservations (all potential change fees or other costs to be paid by the member).
iii. Translator and Interpreter Referral
Third Party Service Provider shall provide the member with access to an interpreter via telephone 24 hours a day or referrals to local translators and Interpreters in the case of communication problems which cannot be solved via telephone.
iv. Emergency Travel Funds Assistance
Third Party Service Provider shall provide assistance to members by arranging for the forwarding of funds from member's credit cards or family members (all potential fees and costs to be paid by member).
v. Legal Consultation and Referral
If a member is arrested, or requires the services of an attorney, Third Party Service Provider shall arrange for an initial telephone consultation with an attorney without charge to the member. If needed, a member will be referred to an attorney in the appropriate geographical area. This service applies only when a member is traveling internationally (outside of their country of residence).
vi. Lost/Stolen Travel Documents Assistance
Third Party Service Provider shall provide assistance to members for the replacement of passports, airline documents, birth certificates and other travel-related documents (all costs and fees to be paid by the member).
vii. Emergency Message Forwarding
In the event a member is unable to reach an employer, family member or traveling companion, Third Party Service Provider shall forward a message via telephone to the intended party.
viii. Lost Luggage Assistance
On Call shall assist the members with the tracking of luggage lost in transit.
5. Emergency Travel Triage Services Not Covered by Family & Safety Assistance Services
The following services are not included in the Life360 app, but may be offered by our Third Party Service Provider upon request, subject to additional fees and terms agreed to between the member and the Third Party Service Provider.
i. Emergency Medical Evacuation
The arrangement and coordination of air and/or surface transportation and medical care during medical evacuation transportation, from a hospital or medical facility to the nearest hospital where appropriate medical care is available; must be contracted for with Life360’s Third Party Service Provider separately.
Following a medical evacuation, if the member is discharged and deemed fit to travel unescorted, the arrangement of transportation to return the member to the original location or to the member's home, must be contracted for with Life360’s Third Party Service Provider separately.
ii. Medical Repatriation
After being treated at a medical facility, the arrangement of transportation to return the member, escorted by a medical attendant to their residence or home hospital for further medical treatment or recovery; must be contracted for with Life360’s Third Party Service Provider separately.
iii. Return of Remains
The arrangement and coordination, in the event of a member's death, for casket or air tray, preparation and transportation of the member’s remains to the member’s place of residence or to the place of burial; must be contracted for with Life360’s Third Party Service Provider separately.
VIII. DEVICE PRODUCT TERMS
1. Linking Your Life360 and Tile Accounts
2. Alerts and Notifications
As part of the Products and Services we provide, you may (if enabled) receive push notifications, text messages, alerts, emails, or other types of messages directly sent to you outside or inside the App ("Push Messages"). You have control over the Push Messages settings, and can opt in or out of these Push Messages through the Products and Services (with the possible exception of infrequent, important service announcements and administrative messages). Please be aware that third party messaging fees may occur for some of the Push Messages depending on the message plan you have with your wireless carrier.
3. Tile Location History
Tile’s Premium and Premium Protect members will have access within the Tile App to the location history of their registered Tile devices for the last 30 days. For more information please see our support article entitled: “Retrace Your Steps with Tile’s Location History”.
4. Anti-Theft Mode
Anti-Theft Mode allows you to protect your valuables from theft. When you activate Anti-Theft Mode you will hide your Tiles from users of Tile’s Bluetooth device finder, Scan and Secure.
The following additional terms and conditions apply to your use of Tile’s Anti-Theft Mode:
- You must be at least 18 years of age;
- You agree that by enabling this feature your Tiles will no longer be discoverable by Tile’s Scan and Secure feature.
You agree that Life360 reserves the right to deactivate or modify Anti-Theft Mode at our discretion.
Our Lost and Found Labels use QR technology to make any lost item easily returnable. Stick them on your favorite things, activate in the Tile app, and if anything goes missing your contact info and custom message will be shown when someone scans the QR code on the Label. Details on how to apply the Label properly and how to activate a Label are provided with the Labels and can be found here. As part of the activation process, you will choose to provide either an email address or phone number, which will be shown to another person when they scan the Label’s QR code, allowing them to reach out to you to return your lost item.
6. Tile Hardware Limited Warranty & “Worry-Free Warranty”
Life360 may offer a warranty for your Tile Product. For information about the warranty that may apply to your Product, and warranties related to a Premium Membership, please visit Tile Warranty and Refund Policy for more information.
Tile Premium and Premium Protect subscribers get exclusive access to our Worry-Free Warranty where such subscribers will receive replacement Tiles in the event of damage resulting from an accidental or unintentional event or manufacturing defects. Those subscribers will receive replacement Tiles for any current Tiles, model year 2018 or newer. The Tiles must be activated under a Premium or Premium Protect subscriber’s account. The Worry-Free Warranty covers your Tile for 3 years from the time of purchase, but will end earlier if you end your Premium or Premium Protect subscription. For more information and additional terms please see our “Worry Free Warranty” support article.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE APPLICABLE EXPRESS WARRANTY. ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary by jurisdiction and which are not varied by this clause to the extent to do so would breach such applicable law.
This warranty is in addition to any rights you may have under applicable law including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). If you believe you are entitled to a remedy under the ACL or other local law, please contact support at www.support.thetileapp.com. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
7. Item Reimbursement
i. Tile Basic, Premium & Premium Protect Item Reimbursement Warranty Terms and Conditions (For US Customers only)
Through Tile’s Item Reimbursement feature, Life360 warrants that if your Tile Product (excluding Labels) is unable to locate your personal item(s) protected with the Tile Product, You may receive a one-time reimbursement for the purchase price of your personal item up to your warranty limit (“Product Warranty”).
Important details about the Product Warranty program can be found on our Product Warranty Partner’s website and are incorporated herein by this reference. Please review these terms and conditions carefully to make sure you’re able to take full advantage of any Product Warranty benefits made available to you.
a. Types of Product Warranties
Life360 offers you three (3) tiers of Tile Product Warranties through our Product Warranty Partner:
- Tile Basic Product Warranty: This one (1) year Basic Product Warranty comes with every Tile Product you activate on or after September 20, 2020. Upon registration of that Tile Product for Basic Product Warranty protection, and in accordance with these terms and conditions, you can be reimbursed one-time up to twenty-five dollars ($25) if the Tile Product is unable to locate and aid in the recovery of your Tile protected items for a period of one (1) year from the time of the registration date of the Tile Product(s) and eligible protected item(s) registration.
- Tile Premium Product Warranty (“Premium”): You can choose to purchase a Premium subscription, which comes with up to an aggregate of one hundred dollars ($100) of reimbursement annually if the Tile Product is unable to locate your Tile protected items, in accordance with the terms and conditions referenced below. After October 2022, if chosen, Premium replaces the benefits provided by Basic Product Warranty.
- Tile Premium Protect Product Warranty (“Premium Protect”): You can choose to purchase a Premium Protect subscription, which comes with up to an aggregate of either two hundred and fifty dollars ($250), five hundred dollars ($500), seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750), or one thousand dollars ($1,000) of reimbursement annually (depending on which warranty You purchased) if the Tile Product is unable to locate your Tile protected items, in accordance with the terms and conditions referenced below.
b. Requirements to Obtain Basic, Premium and Premium Protect Warranty Protection
Reimbursement via Tile’s Basic, Premium or Premium Protect Product Warranties is available to residents of the United States only and requires the following:
- For Basic Warranty protection, you must have initially activated your eligible Tile Product on or after September 20, 2020. For Premium and Premium Protect, your Product Warranty will commence per Tile upon protected item registration (described below);
- You must register your eligible protected items within the Tile App. For Basic Warranty protection, you must register your Tile Product(s) and eligible protected item(s) within thirty (30) days of initial Tile activation in the Tile app. See important Conditions, Limitations and Exclusions applicable to Basic, Premium and Premium Protect Product Warranties below;
- Compliance with these Product and Service Terms and the Agreement and the provision of truthful and accurate information in connection with Tile registration and throughout the claims process (see Registration Details and How to Make a Claim sections);
- Consent to share relevant information with Tile and Tile’s Product Warranty Partner, solely for purposes of Tile Product Warranty administration and fulfillment;
- Compliance with applicable waiting periods and, if applicable, claim submission within sixty (60) days of your first contact with our warranty partner regarding the warranty claim (See Waiting Period details below); and
- Premium warranty coverage requires that you purchase a Tile Premium Subscription. Premium Protect warranty coverage requires that you purchase a Tile Premium Protect Subscription.
To obtain the benefit of one of the Tile’s Product Warranties, you must register your protected items for your applicable Tile Product Warranty within the Tile app. When registering your protected item for your Product Warranty, you will be asked to submit the following information:
- A picture of your registered protected item with your Tile Product attached. The Tile Product protecting your item must be visible in the photo;
- Purchase price of the protected item; and
- Brand and manufacturer (or make/model) of the protected item.
All of the foregoing information must be provided in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
c. Details on How to Make a Claim
If the Tile Product is unable to locate your personal item protected by the registered Tile Product, You can received reimbursement for the purchase price of Your personal item(s) up to Your warranty limit, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
1. Waiting Periods/Time Limitations
There are a few waiting periods and time limitations you need to be aware of:
- The Product Warranty does not apply unless the following conditions have been met:
- the Tile device and eligible protected item must be registered in the Tile app.
- the registered Tile must be active on Tile’s network within the 30 day period after registration prior to the eligible protected item going missing.
- You will need to wait seven (7) days to finalize your claim for reimbursement. This waiting period is meant to give you time to recover the item if possible. If, after the seven (7) day period your Tile hasn’t located your item, Tile will send you an email with a link to finalize your claim for reimbursement.
- If your protected item hasn’t been seen on the Tile network for at least seven (7) days at the time of claim submission, you can submit your Product Warranty claim straight away so long as you make your Product Warranty claim within sixty (60) days of the last time your protected item was seen on the Tile network. This time limitation is in place to make sure your Tile has an operational battery and proper permissions set to enable the network to work properly. Before claim payment is processed, a historical review of the Tile Product activity prior to the loss date must satisfactorily confirm that the Tile Product was in working order prior to your personal item being marked as lost. There are a few things you can do to make sure your Tile is enabled properly:
- For Tiles with replaceable batteries, make sure your Tile’s battery is changed at least once per year. It’s also a good practice to check the Tile app periodically to check for low battery alerts;
- On iOS, make sure your location permissions for Tile are set to “Always Allow” and that Bluetooth and precise location permissions are also enabled for the Tile app; and
- On Android, make sure your Location Permissions for Tile are set to "Allow all the Time" and that Bluetooth is enabled on your device.
2. Product Warranty Claim Submission
Once any applicable waiting periods/time limitations are complied with and assuming Your Tile hasn’t located your eligible protected item, you can make your Product Warranty claim!
Submitting your claim is easy. To make your Product Warranty claim, you will need to provide a few additional details to Tile and/or Tile’s Product Warranty Partner:
- First and Last Name;
- Mailing Address;
- Phone Number;
- Payment Method for Payout; and
- Information reasonably needed to detect and prevent fraud, including proof of protected item value.
This information may be transferred among and between Tile and Tile’s Product Warranty Partner for purposes of administering your Product Warranty. Note that Tile and its Product Warranty Partner may also share customer service tickets amongst themselves to most efficiently administer your Product Warranty and address your questions. But as before, none of this information will ever be sold or used for any purpose other than Product Warranty administration and fulfillment.
3. Claim Processing and Payment
Once you’ve successfully provided information required to process your Product Warranty claim, Tile and Tile’s Product Warranty Partner will review the information submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions. Once confirmed that the claim meets all of the conditions for the Warranty Product to apply, and absent evidence of fraud, your reimbursement payment (up to your applicable Product Warranty limit) will be issued on average within seven (7) days of claim submission. You can check on the status of your claim at a personal link that will be made available after your claim is initiated or on our Product Warranty Partner’s website.
d. Conditions, Limitations and Exclusions
Tile Item Reimbursement is a product guarantee that the Tile device will operate as described and it does not cover all items or situations. The following items are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Illegal items, including illegal drug paraphernalia;
- Prescription and non-prescription drugs and related paraphernalia;
- Controlled substances, including vaping pens or units and vape cartridges;
- Firearms, explosives;
- Money, currency, monetary instruments, securities and commercial papers;
- Antiques, Jewelry (including Watches), fine art;
- Any product used in a business and handled or controlled by any customers, any patrons, or multiple employees;
- Motor vehicles, ATVs, including all electric conveyances such as e-scooters, e-bikes, e-skate or hoverboards;
- Contents of bags and wallets;
- Living things, including people, plants and pets;
- Tile Product not retrievable, in water over 2 feet in depth.
- Any item not registered in your Tile account;
- Items to which a Tile device has not been securely attached or attached in a manner which affects its functionally to track a product; and
- Items located through the Tile Network that cannot be safely retrieved (for example, Tiled keys lost on a freeway).
2. Denial of Claims, Termination
Life360 and its Product Warranty Partner reserve the right to deny Product Warranty claims in their entirety if they find a reasonable likelihood of fraud or abuse, failure to abide by these terms and conditions or the Agreement and/or submission of false or misleading information, as determined by Life360 and/or its Product Warranty Partner in their sole discretion. Upon a reasonable finding of fraud and/or abuse, submission of false information or failure to comply with these terms and conditions and/or the Agreement, Life360 and its Product Warranty Partner reserve the right to terminate your Product Warranty in its entirety (Termination for Cause). If your Product Warranty is Terminated for Cause, you will not be entitled to a refund for any monies paid to Life360 and/or Life360’s authorized sellers.
3. Additional Conditions & Limitations
The Basic, Premium and Premium Protect Warranties do not cover:
- Bodily injury or property damage liability, medical payments, physical damage, for any person, pet or animal;
- Your obligations, liabilities or claims arising from any dishonest, fraudulent, criminal or illegal act;
- Any indirect or incidental damages arising from use of the Services and/or your Tile Products;
- Any and all activity occurring prior to the effective date of your Product Warranty or after expiration date of your Product Warranty. For the avoidance of doubt, your Tile Basic Product Warranty expires one (1) year after protected item registration or once the one-time $25 Warranty reimbursement limit has been paid out. Your Premium or Premium Protect Product Warranty expires once your subscription is terminated and/or when the aggregate annual limit has been paid of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250), five hundred dollars ($500), seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750) or one thousand dollars ($1,000) depending on which Product Warranty You purchased;
- Claims arising from an unfair sales practice or any similar law governing the relationship between you and the authorized seller of the Tile Product;
- Obligations and liabilities which may arise by virtue of misrepresentations made by you during the sale of the Tile Product; or
- Any Tiles purchased through an unauthorized reseller. Please see this list of Tile authorized sellers. Similarly, the Premium Protect Product Warranty must be purchased directly from Tile, Inc., the sole authorized seller of the Tile Premium Protect Product Warranty.
In addition, Tile’s Product Warranties apply only to the intended use of the Tile Product. The Product Warranties do not apply to damage to the Tile Product or your protected personal item caused by accident, abuse, misuse, use for any purpose other than its intended purpose, acts of God, or any alteration or modification of the Tile Product. The purpose of the Product Warranty program is to ensure the quality of the manufacture and design of your Tile Product and the Services related to your Tile Product.
Proof of value and other reasonable information to detect and prevent fraud may be required. Such information, if requested, must be provided to the satisfaction of Life360 and/or its Product Warranty Partner in their sole discretion to qualify for reimbursement.
Limit one (1) Product Warranty claim per Tile Product. If, after your Product Warranty claim is paid, you recover your previously lost protected item, Life360 reserves the right to require that you repay the Product Warranty claim amount paid.
Life360 may change or discontinue all or part of the Basic, Premium or Premium Protect Product Warranty Products at any time and without notice, in its reasonable discretion. If Life360 discontinues the Premium or Premium Protect Product Warranty during Your Product Warranty term, Life360 will provide a pro-rata refund for your active subscription. No reimbursements or refunds will be available for discontinuance of the Basic Product Warranty.
4. Legal Rights Notice
THIS EXTENDED PRODUCT WARRANTY SETS OUT THE FULL EXTENT OF TILE’S RESPONSIBILITIES, AND THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY REGARDING THE TILE PRODUCT WARRANTY. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS PRODUCT WARRANTY. TILE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, INCONVENIENCE, OR ANY OTHER LOSS), WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER WRONGFUL ACT OR OMISSION, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TILE DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY PERSON, ENTITY OR FACILITY TO CREATE FOR IT ANY OTHER WARRANTY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS TILE PRODUCT. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN ADDITION, SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PRODUCT WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
ii. Tile Premium & Premium Protect Item Reimbursement Discretionary Protection (For UK & Australian Customers only)
Tile has partnered with Xcover to offer an Item Reimbursement discretionary protection product as part of your Tile subscription. The protection entitles you to be considered for reimbursement for your items if your Tile product can’t find them. Important details about the Item Reimbursement discretionary protection product, including details on submission of claims as well as conditions, limitations and exclusions, can be found a:
Asservo Mutual (ABN 664 040 975) is the issuer of the mutual risk products. XCover.com, a trading name of Cover Genius Pty Ltd (ABN 43 159 983 598, AFSL No.490058) is its agent, and Tile is an authorised representative of Cover Genius Pty Ltd. As a member of Asservo Mutual, you can view the Constitution on its website.
Asservo Mutual (ABN 664 040 975) is the issuer of the mutual risk products. XCover.com, a trading name of Cover Genius Pty Ltd (ABN 43 159 983 598) is its agent, and Tile is the distributor. As a member of Asservo Mutual, you can view the Constitution on its website.
Please review these terms and conditions carefully to make sure You’re able to take full advantage of any Item Reimbursement discretionary protection benefits made available to You and to find out how to make a claim.
1. Usage Outside of the Continental United States
As of the date of these Terms of Service, the Jiobit devices and accompanying Services are limited to the continental United States only.
2. Emergency Use Disclaimer
Jiobit is intended for use as a recreational location device. The Service is not a failsafe security system. The Service is not compatible with 911 or similar emergency telephone number or location systems. Therefore, proper safety precautions should always be used with children, despite the use of the Service.
3. Disruption of Service
You acknowledge and understand that from time to time the Service may be inaccessible or inoperable due to equipment malfunctions, periodic maintenance procedures, repairs or upgrades which may occur over time. You also acknowledge and understand that Service malfunctions may occur for reasons beyond Life360’s control or which are not reasonably foreseeable, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, including delays or failures due to your hardware, internet service provider, Mobile Provider, hostile network attacks, network congestion or other failures. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party in the event the Service is inaccessible or malfunctions, or for any disruption in the Service. You also acknowledge and understand that the Service includes a cellular modem and antenna system that is built into a much smaller form factor than a typical mobile device. This smaller form factor may exhibit limited cellular radio coverage compared to the coverage of a typical cellular mobile device.
4. Jiobit Additional Terms: Subscription Cancellation, Returns and Warranties
The following provisions apply to Jiobit devices purchased through Jiobit.com or authorized retailers. Any Jiobit(s) purchased from an unauthorized retailer or website (Ebay, Craigslist, etc.) will null and void the return and warranty policy
i. Defective or Damaged Jiobits
The Jiobit device is designed to endure the rigors of typical child activities but it is not possible to anticipate all the circumstances the Jiobit may encounter, including outright abuse of the Jiobit. If you observe any defects with the Jiobit, such as cuts, tears, deformed housings, damaged or loose parts, etc. or notice unusual heating or swelling of the Jiobit, then the Jiobit should not be used and should be returned for warranty consideration or replaced to the extent provided for in the Jiobit Device Limited Warranty terms below.
ii. Jiobit Returns and Refunds
- Jiobit(s) returned to Life360 directly must have been purchased from our website, Jiobit.com.
- Customers are responsible for shipping costs of returning product(s) to Life360.
- Returned Jiobit(s) must be in good physical condition (not physically broken or damaged) as determined by Life360 in its sole discretion.
- A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) must be requested from our customer service team within 30 days from the date of delivery. To request a RMA, please contact our customer care department at email@example.com. If the Jiobit(s) is returned without a RMA, Life360 cannot process your refund.
- The Jiobit(s) must be returned to Life360 within 5 days after the completion of the RMA form to be considered a valid return.
Depending on your financial institution, the processing of your refund can take up to fourteen (14) business days to post to your account. The refund will be issued in the original form of payment in which the order was placed. If you no longer have the credit card you originally used to place your order, your financial institution will issue your refund in check form.
Life360 will send a confirmation email to you when your return has been received and processed.
- Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
- Pre-paid subscription fees will be refunded if Jiobit(s) is returned in accordance with the return policy.
- All other paid subscription fees are not refundable.
- With the Jiobit Explorer Subscription, you may cancel your subscription at any time and return Jiobit. Customers are responsible for return shipping charges. If the device is returned damaged beyond normal wear and tear, additional fees may be incurred. Customers are responsible for lost or stolen products and will be charged the full device price ($149) if the subscription is terminated without returning the device. Cancellation prior to 3 full billing periods will result in a $25 refurbishment service fee.
- Please ensure you include all components in your returned unit. Incomplete returns (missing charging base) will be refunded the retail value of parts received by Life360’s returns processing department.
- You are responsible for and must prepay all shipping charges, and you shall assume all risk of loss or damage to the Jiobit(s) while in transit to Life360.
iii. Jiobit Device Limited Warranty
Life360 warrants to you, the original purchaser at retail, that the Jiobit will be free from defects in workmanship or material appearing within twelve (12) months from the date of delivery to the Purchaser. This warranty may not be transferred to any subsequent buyer, and applies ONLY to purchases made directly on our website, jiobit.com; purchases made through 3rd party websites (e.g. Amazon.com) or in physical retail stores are not covered.
This warranty does not cover Jiobit device damage caused by: (i) accidental or intentional abuse (including but not limited to prolonged submersion and/or agitation in water, exposure to extreme temperatures or fire, animal bites, excessive bending or crushing force), (ii) use of the Jiobit in violation of our instructions, (iii) or use of the Jiobit with any other product or service. This warranty does not cover cosmetic or performance defects caused by: (i) normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the hardware, or (ii) consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings, unless failure has occurred due to an initial defect in materials or workmanship. This limited warranty does not cover software or licenses.
Your only remedy, and our only responsibility, for any defect in the Jiobit, we will, at our option, either replace the Jiobit with a new or refurbished Jiobit.
To make a claim under this warranty, you must provide proof of purchase of the Jiobit and submit a claim to us at firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days after the defect was discovered.
As a condition to receiving the remedy, you may be required us, at your expense, to return the Jiobit to us and to pay for any necessary return freight for a repaired or replacement Jiobit.
There are no express warranties other than the warranty set forth in this document. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, OR ON ANY STRICT LIABILITY THEORY, WILL THE MANUFACTURER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
For more information or to make a warranty claim, please contact Life360 at email@example.com.
C. Life360 Stolen Phone Protection
Available at different benefit levels to Life360 premium plan subscribers who are located in the United States, Canada [and the UK]. Benefit available for up to six (6) devices per Life360 premium subscription (must be registered at least thirty (30) days prior to benefit request).
Stolen Phone Protection provides USD $100 for Life360 Silver plan subscribers, USD $250 for Life360 Gold plan subscribers, or USD $500 for Life360 Platinum plan subscribers in the event of a stolen phone. Limit one benefit request per Circle per year. Applies to phones with cellular voice and data capabilities. Tablets and watches are expressly excluded. Stolen Phone Protection is available after the first thirty (30) days following enrollment in the applicable membership plan, for subscribers with current paid memberships in the United States, Canada and the UK and with at least two (2) actively linked members on the account. To be eligible for Stolen Phone Protection:
- the applicable Life360 membership must be in good standing (e.g., no past due amount, collections, or defaults on the Life360 Circle administrator’s account);
- the account must show location history for the stolen phone for the past thirty (30) days;
- A police report must be filed for the stolen phone; and
- benefit request forms must be submitted, along with the police report, within fifteen (15) days of the phone being stolen.
To make a request for Stolen Phone Protection, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the account of the administrator for the Life360 Circle covered by the subscription plan. We will send you a benefit request form to which you will need to attach the police report filed for the stolen phone. All police reports will be verified with the issuing police department for accuracy. We reserve the right to deny or delay any requests that we deem fraudulent, includes inaccurate or misrepresented information or that are missing appropriate documentation, in our sole discretion.
A. Life360 Google Actions
Available as a Beta Service only in the United States. Life360 may change, suspend or discontinue the Life360 Action on Google or any part of it at any time without notice.
The Life360 Action on Google (the “Action”) is a voice-driven feature that lets you access certain information about your Life360 account and Circle on smartphones (via the Google Assistant App), smart speakers (e.g., Google Home and Google Mini) and other devices that connect to the Google Assistant service. For example, you can use your Assistant-enabled device (e.g., Google Home) to communicate with Life360 by voice, such as to ask the location of any member of your Circle.
To use the Action, you will have to verbally speak commands or questions to the Google Assistant, and you should receive a visual response on devices with displays and/or via audio response. For example, the query “Where is my Family?” will provide a response that includes the name, location and potentially additional information about members of your Circle on any of your devices on which the Action is enabled. Any communication to Life360 via Google Assistant will be treated by Life360 as a communication authorized by you, and any communication from Life360 via Google Assistant in response to a request received from your Assistant-enabled device will be treated by Life360 as a communication to you. Once you have enabled the Action on your Google Assistant device, you are authorizing Life360 to provide your information to the device. You are responsible for all vocal commands and other data transmitted through the use of the Action, including in the case of any unauthorized access by a third party.
You are solely responsible for how the Action is used and for all of the interactions with Life360 via the Action. It is possible that someone other than you could interact with Life360 via the Action on your device, or that someone could overhear you interacting with Life360 via the Action and learn information about the location of members of your Circle. You should be aware of your surroundings and consider utilizing any security features that may be available to you on your device(s), such as voice match, PINs or passwords, to protect the privacy of your Life360 account and the information of your Circle members. We may alert your Circle members if you have enabled the Action.
B. Tile and Google or Alexa Actions
Available as a Beta service in the United States, Europe and the Far East. Life360 may change, suspend or discontinue the Tile Action on Google or Alexa or any part of it at any time without notice.
The Tile Action on Google or Alexa, as applicable (the “Tile Action”) is a voice-driven feature that lets you access certain information about your Tile devices on smartphones (via the Google Assistant App), smart speakers (e.g., Google Home and Google Mini or Amazon Echo Dot and Show) and other devices that connect to the Google Assistant or Alexa services. For example, you can use your Assistant-enabled device (e.g., Google Home, or Alexa-enabled devices) to communicate with Tile by voice, such as to ask the location of, or to “Ring” any of your Tiles.
To use the Tile Action, you will have to verbally speak commands or questions to the Google Assistant or Alexa-enabled device, and you should receive a visual response on devices with displays and/or via audio response. For example, the query “Where is my Tile?” will provide a response that identifies the name, location and other information about your Tile or will “Ring” your Tile. Any communication to Tile via Google Assistant or an Alexa-enabled device will be treated by Life360 as a communication authorized by you, and any communication from Tile via Google Assistant or an Alexa-enabled device in response to a request received from your Assistant-enabled device will be treated by Life360 as a communication to you. Once you have enabled the Tile Action on your Google Assistant or Alexa-enabled device, you are authorizing Life360 to provide your information to the device. You are responsible for all vocal commands and other data transmitted through the use of the Tile Action, including in the case of any unauthorized access by a third party.
You are solely responsible for how the Tile Action is used and for all of the interactions with Tile via the Tile Action. It is possible that someone other than you could interact with Tile via the Tile Action on your device, or that someone could overhear you interacting with Tile via the Tile Action and learn information about the location of your Tiles. You should be aware of your surroundings and consider utilizing any security features that may be available to you on your device(s), such as voice match, PINs or passwords, to protect the privacy of your Tile account and the information therein.
C. Google Assistant and Alexa Smart Hubs
1. Google Assistant
2. Alexa Smart Hubs
3. Google and Alexa Devices and Your Information
Even if you do not utilize the Action or Tole Action on a Google Assistant-enabled or an Alexa-enabled device, if any member of your Life360 Circle has enabled the Action or Tile Action on an Google Assistant-enabled or an Alexa-enabled device, your personal information, including location, may be made available to Google or Amazon, as applicable, and to any individual who has access to a device on which the Action or Tile Action has been enabled by a member of your Circle. You may opt-out of this information sharing by asking your Circle member to unlink the Action or Tile Action from all of his or her Google Assistant-enabled or Alex-enabled devices, or by leaving the Circle.